AffiliateCents.com is part of the Amazon Associates affiliate program, as well as affiliate programs from other companies. That means if you purchase a product through links on this website, I earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Please see my disclosure for more info.
Last Updated on July 28, 2021 by Mary Emmer
Yes, affiliate marketing is a business, and it happens to be my favorite business model. But does it really work out to be a good choice for an online business?
People always ask me what it is that makes affiliate marketing a good business model.
It’s impossible for me to give you just a single reason! So I put together a list of 11 reasons.
Affiliate Marketing Is A Business – But What Kind?
Affiliate marketing is a business model whereby you promote and sell other people’s or companies’ products or services. When someone clicks one of your affiliate links online and purchases one of those products or services, you make a commission.
It’s really that simple.
You sell other people’s stuff.
I know, it doesn’t sound very exciting. To me, one of the most exciting things about affiliate marketing is what it’s NOT.
Or perhaps I should say, one of the most exciting things about affiliate marketing is what YOU DON’T need to do.
You don’t need to do market research to create your own product or service, you don’t have to manufacture that product or bring it to market. You don’t have to hire a marketing team to promote it.
All you need to do is decide what products or services you want to promote, promote them, and earn a commission when someone makes a purchase through your affiliate link.
At this point, you may be thinking that all this talk of ‘promoting products” sounds complicated and that you have no idea how to do that.
Don’t worry. You can learn all the necessary skills that you need for an affiliate marketing business through some online affiliate marketing training courses, like this one here that I took. I actually learned every I know about affiliate marketing by taking that course.
So, affiliate marketing is a business, and here are 11 reasons why I think it’s a great business model.
Reasons That Affiliate Marketing Is A Good Business Model
- Favorite Hobbies/Interests – Take any interest or hobby & turn it into a business that can generate side income or even a full-time income for you.
- Unlimited Potential – The sky is the limit with an affiliate marketing business. You have unlimited income potential here.
- Low or No Startup Costs – Free to start and take a test drive to see if this business model is a fit for you. Grab your free site and training above.
- No Commute – You can work from home or wherever you are as long as you have access to the internet.
- No Boss – You ARE the boss. Of yourself and your business. No employees, 9-5 or cubicle required.
- Low Ongoing Business Cost – Very low ongoing business costs compared to other home based or traditional businesses.
- No Experience Required – No experience or special skills required. You can learn everything you need to know as you build your business.
- Passive Income – Build a true passive long-term residual income.
- Flexible Hours – Great for stay-at-home moms/dads, students, people with existing jobs, retired baby boomers. With this type of business model it’s easy to start part-time and work up to full-time later on. Completely flexible.
- Work At Your Own Pace – Learn at your own pace and work your business on your schedule.
- Not MLM – I actually love many things about the MLM industry. But it’s not a fit for everyone. One of my favorite things about affiliate marketing is that there is no need for recruiting or signing people up. No need to bug friends/family!
Those are my top 11 reasons why affiliate marketing is a good business model.
Is this your first visit to Affiliate Cents? If so, you can learn more about Affiliate Cents and me right here.
Leave a comment if you have any questions about starting an affiliate marketing business and I’ll do my best to get your question answered right away.
Hi, I’m Mary. Thanks for visiting me here at Affiliate Cents where I offer affiliate marketing training, tips & resources that will show you how to get started in the awesome world of affiliate marketing. You can read more about my story here.